A high number of new COVID-19 deaths was reported in the Green River District Health Department's seven-county district on Tuesday.
GRDHD said Tuesday that 11 new COVID-19 deaths had been identified in its area since its previous COVID-19 report on Friday.
The new COVID-19 deaths reported by GRDHD Tuesday were identified in the following area, along with 450 new positive cases of the virus:
- Daviess County: 186 new cases, 3 new deaths
- Hancock County: 13 new cases
- Henderson County: 67 new cases
- McLean County: 22 new cases, 2 new deaths
- Ohio County: 87 new cases, 4 new deaths
- Union County: 40 new cases, 2 new deaths
- Webster County: 35 new cases
After those increases were reported Tuesday, GRDHD said that 33,264 total cases of the virus had been identified in its area to date, as had 496 total COVID-19 deaths.
Here's a breakdown of each county within the district via GRDHD:
"We are continuing to see very high incidence rates of COVID-19,” said Clay Horton, GRDHD Public Health Director. “The best way to protect yourself and those you love is to get vaccinated against COVID-19."
For more information on how to get the COVID-19 vaccine in Indiana, Kentucky, or Illinois, click here.