Eight more schools in the Diocese of Evansville Catholic Schools district are reporting new positive cases of COVID-19.
According to a Monday update from the Diocese of Evansville Catholic Education Office, 11 new positive COVID-19 tests are being reported throughout the schools, with a mixture of students and staff testing positive for the virus.
- School 1 – Two students tested positive
- School 2 – Two students tested positive
- School 3 – Two students tested positive
- School 4 – One student tested positive
- School 5 – One student tested positive
- School 6 – One employee tested positive
- School 7 – One employee tested positive
- School 8 – One employee tested positive
The Diocese of Evansville Catholic Education Office works with the 26 diocesan Catholic schools in the district and says that for privacy reasons, it won't release information on individuals or schools associated with the positive COVID-19 cases.
According to the education office, the students and employees who tested positive are self-quarantining and will return to school at the appropriate time.