On Friday, the Green River District Health reported 198 new positive COVID-19 cases throughout its seven-county district.
A large portion of those new positive cases reported Friday were in Daviess County, Kentucky, with the rest spread throughout the rest of the department's seven-county area.
New Positive Cases Reported by GRDHD on Friday:
- Daviess County: 119 new positive cases
- Hancock County: 4 new positive cases
- Henderson County: 27 new positive cases
- McLean County: 7 new positive cases
- Ohio County: 30 new positive cases
- Union County: 2 new positive cases
- Webster County: 9 new positive cases
Following Friday's reported increases, the total number of positive COVID-19 cases identified collectively throughout the seven-county district to date reached 9,144.
While the Bluegrass State recently surpassed a grim milestone of 2,000 total COVID-19 deaths, Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear also shared hopeful news of the COVID-19 vaccine possibly being distributed in the state as soon as Dec. 15.
Statewide, there are currently 190,601 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 2,014 deaths.