A high day of new COVID-19 deaths was reported in western Kentucky on Tuesday by the Green River District Health Department.
GRDHD reported 12 new COVID-19 deaths in its area Tuesday, bringing the total number of deaths in the district to date to 545.
Additionally, GRDHD also said Tuesday that it had identified 360 new positive cases of COVID-19 in its seven-county district. That brought the total number of positive cases in the district to date to 35,654.
Here's where those new COVID-19 cases and deaths were reported Tuesday:
- Daviess County: 192 new cases, 6 new deaths
- Hancock County: 13 new cases, 1 new death
- Henderson County: 72 new cases, 4 new deaths
- McLean County: 16 new cases
- Ohio County: 31 new cases, 1 new death
- Union County: 13 new cases
- Webster County: 23 new cases
According to GRDHD, the newly reported cases were investigated between Oct. 8 and Oct. 11.
Here's a summary for each county in the GRDHD district following Tuesday's reported increases:
Just one day earlier on Monday, there were seven new COVID-19 deaths reported in Hopkins County by its local health department.