The Indiana State Department of Health said Friday that 1,494 new positive cases of COVID-19 had been identified throughout the Hoosier State.
According to ISDH, the total number of Indiana residents now known to have tested positive for the virus to date is 720,425.
Eight new COVID-19 deaths were also reported Friday. Now, 12,921 total Indiana residents have died from the virus, according to ISDH.
Updated COVID-19 Counts for April 30 via ISDH
Locally, no new COVID-19 deaths were reported Friday. However, the state health department said a number of new positive COVID-19 cases were identified in our area.
New Local COVID-19 Cases Identified Friday:
- Daviess County: 18 new cases
- Vanderburgh County: 16 new cases
- Gibson County: 8 new cases
- Dubois County: 7 new cases
- Knox County: 7 new cases
- Spencer County: 5 new cases
- Pike County: 4 new cases
- Posey County: 3 new cases
- Perry County: 0 new cases