1,762 Indiana residents were added to the Hoosier State's covid count on Thursday bringing Indiana's total case number above 645,000.
Additionally, the state added 26 covid related deaths. Indiana has now had more than 11,600 residents fall to the virus.
The Hoosier State has now tested more than 7.4 million residents, including repeat tests of some individuals.
As of Thursday, 759,992 Hoosiers have received their first dose of vaccine, and 279,995 are fully vaccinated.
Included in Thursday's statewide COVID-19 update from ISDH was 130 new positive COVID-19 cases throughout our 10 local counties, and one new COVID-19 death in Vanderburgh County.
Local COVID-19 increases reported Thursday:
- Vanderburgh County: 41 new cases, 1 new death
- Warrick County: 18 new cases
- Gibson County: 5 new cases
- Knox County: 23 new cases
- Posey County: 7 new cases
- Pike County: 1 new case
- Dubois County: 5 new cases
- Daviess County: 23 new cases
- Spencer County: 5 new cases
- Perry County: 2 new cases
Hoosiers age 65 and older, along with healthcare workers, long-term care residents and first responders who are regularly called to the scene of an emergency to render medical assistance, are now eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine in Indiana.