According to the Green River District Health Department's Wednesday coronavirus update, two more residents of Henderson County, Kentucky, have died from COVID-19.
Henderson County has the highest COVID-19 death toll out of any county within the health department's seven-county district, with 34 total COVID-19 deaths in the county so far.
GRDHD also reported 74 new positive cases of COVID-19 throughout its district on Wednesday:
- Daviess County: 30 new positive cases
- Hancock County: 2 new positive cases
- Henderson County: 21 new positive cases
- McLean County: 10 new positive cases
- Ohio County: 2 new positive cases
- Union County: 6 new positive cases
- Webster County: 3 new positive cases
Following Wednesday's update, the total number of identified COVID-19 cases throughout the seven-county district increased to 5,059.
Here's a COVID-19 summary for Wednesday via GRDHD:
Residents of any county within the district who have been in crowds, had close contact with people in public, or recently traveled, are encouraged by the health department to get tested for the virus.
GRDHD on Wednesday started its next round of free COVID-19 testing in each county within the district.