Photo Gallery 3 Images
A Friday morning fire on East Louisiana Street left nine Evansville residents displaced.
Evansville Fire Department crews were dispatched to the fire around 8:19 a.m. on Friday after the occupants of the home called 911. When crews arrived at 8:21 a.m., they could see smoke coming from the house. Crews were able to quickly manage the fire and it was considered fully extinguished by 8:57 a.m.
At the time of the fire, four adults were home but were able to escape on their own, with one adult receiving a minor burn to their arm. Those four adults in addition to five children ranging in ages from 2-years-old to 11-years-old were displaced as a result of the fire.
EFD says the fire started in the home's kitchen and determined its cause to be cooking related.