A large number of new positive COVID-19 cases and deaths was reported on Monday in west Kentucky by the Green River District Health Department, after the department's last report was made on Thursday, Dec. 31.
After not reporting for several days, GRDHD said Monday that 421 new positive cases of COVID-19 and eight new COVID-19 deaths had been identified throughout the department's seven-county district.
Here's a breakdown of where those new cases and deaths were identified:
- Daviess County: 147 new cases, 7 new deaths
- Hancock County: 17 new cases
- Henderson County: 119 new cases, 1 new death
- McLean County: 11 new cases
- Ohio County: 64 new cases
- Union County: 26 new cases
- Webster County: 37 new cases
To date, 13,171 total positive cases of COVID-19 have now been identified throughout those seven counties. According to GRHD, the district has seen 921 new cases and 21 new deaths in the past week.
Here's a breakdown of each county within the district via GRDHD:
Kentucky is currently reporting 276,826 total confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 2,723 total deaths statewide.