The Indiana State Department of Health is reporting another high day of new positive COVID-19 cases and deaths throughout the Hoosier State.
According to ISDH, 4,879 more Indiana residents have tested positive. That means 219,338 total residents of the Hoosier State have now tested positive for COVID-19 to date.
Additionally, ISDH said Tuesday that 63 more Indiana residents had died from COVID-19, bringing to 4,481 the total number of Indiana residents known to have died from COVID-19 so far.
Here's the local impact of those new number on southwest Indiana:
- Vanderburgh County: 52 new positive cases (7,547 total cases) 2 new deaths (92 total deaths)
- Warrick County: 25 new positive cases (2,523 total)
- Gibson County: 9 new positive cases (1,236 total) 1 new death (14 total)
- Posey County: 5 new positive cases (962 total)
- Knox County: 28 new positive cases (1,209 total)
- Pike County: 8 new positive cases (421 total)
- Daviess County: 13 new positive cases (1,145 total) 3 new deaths (40 total)
- Dubois County: 36 new positive cases (1,904 total)
- Spencer County: 15 new positive cases (583 total) 1 new death (7 total)
- Perry County: 3 new positive cases (653 total)
While statewide COVID-19 hospitalizations continued to rise from Sunday to Monday, from 2,174 to 2,336, ISDH said that 30.0% of ICU beds and 77.7% of ventilators were available throughout Indiana's hospitals.
For more information on COVID-19 in Indiana, you can visit the ISDH COVID-19 dashboard, which is updated daily.