The Indiana State Department of Health said Thursday that another 7,420 more Hoosiers had tested positive for COVID-19, bringing to 275,503 the total number of Indiana residents known to have tested positive for the virus to date.
The new number of positive cases reported Thursday comes as the state's second-highest increase of new positive cases to date, only being topped by Nov. 14's report of over 8,000 new positive cases.
With another 59 new COVID-19 deaths also reported throughout the state on Thursday, ISDH says 4,889 total Indiana residents have now died from COVID-19 to date.
Here's the local impact of those new positive COVID-19 cases and deaths:
- Vanderburgh County: 129 new positive cases (8,761 total positive cases), 1 new death (109 total deaths)
- Warrick County: 37 new positive cases (2,937 total) 1 new death (72 total)
- Gibson County: 40 new positive cases (1,597 total) 1 new death (20 total)
- Posey County: 12 new positive cases (1,108 total)
- Knox County: 39 new positive cases (1,584 total)
- Pike County: 9 new positive cases (480 total)
- Daviess County: 29 new positive cases (1,350 total) 1 new death (43 total)
- Dubois County: 42 new positive cases (2,184 total) 1 new death (30 total)
- Spencer County: 12 new positive cases (730 total)
- Perry County: 13 new positive cases (775 total)
With 2,009,763 residents state's cumulative positivity rate is now 13.7% - meaning 13.7% those individuals tested have tested positive.
For more information on COVID-19 in Indiana, visit coronavirus.in.gov.