The Indiana State Department of Health reported 8 new COVID-19 deaths collectively throughout our local counties on Friday.
Those new COVID-19 deaths reported locally Friday are included in 49 new COVID-19 deaths that were reported statewide. So far, ISDH says 9,267 total COVID-19 deaths have occurred throughout the Hoosier State.
Here are all of Friday's local COVID-19 Increases:
- Vanderburgh County: 132 new cases (19,292 total), 2 new deaths (248 total)
- Warrick County: 37 new cases (6,687 total), 1 new death (98 total)
- Gibson County: 36 new cases (3,691 total)
- Posey County: 12 new cases (2,381 total), 1 new death (28 total)
- Pike County: 7 new cases (1,162 total)
- Knox County: 13 new cases (3,343 total)
- Daviess County: 6 new cases (2,667 total), 1 new death (74 total)
- Dubois County: 16 new cases (5,540 total), 1 new death (79 total)
- Spencer County: 21 new cases (1,901 total), 2 new deaths (21 total)
- Perry County: 15 new cases (1,527 total)
Though Vanderburgh County briefly entered into the state's COVID-19 Red Zone, it soon returned back to the Orange, where it currently remains. All other counties besides Perry County and Vanderburgh County remain in the Red.
The state health department also said Friday that 3,560 more Indiana residents had tested positive for COVID-19 statewide, including those local cases shown above.
So far, 605,426 total Hoosiers have been confirmed by ISDH to have tested positive for COVID-19 to date.
Who can receive the COVID-19 vaccine and where they can receive it is rapidly-changing information. For new information on vaccinations in Indiana, click here.