The Green River District Health Department (GRDHD) is reporting another high day of new positive COVID-19 cases and deaths in Daviess County, Kentucky.
Overall, GRDHD reported 175 new positive cases of COVID-19 throughout its seven-county district on Tuesday, in addition to 11 new COVID-19 deaths.
Of those new cases and deaths Tuesday, 111 new positive cases were in Daviess County, as were eight new COVID-19 deaths.
Here's a breakdown of Tuesday's new COVID-19 numbers in the GRDHD district:
- Daviess County: 111 new positive cases, 9 new deaths
- Hancock County: 4 new positive cases
- Henderson County: 18 new positive cases
- McLean County: 7 new positive cases
- Ohio County: 25 new positive cases, 3 new deaths
- Union County: 4 new positive cases
- Webster County: 6 new positive cases
There have been 9,665 total reported COVID-19 cases in the seven-county district to date, with 174 total COVID-19 deaths. You can click here to see a detailed summary for each county within the district via GRDHD.
On Monday, Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear shared encouraging vaccine news with the Commonwealth, announcing the state's expectation to receive 147,000 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine by the end of December.
Statewide in Kentucky, there are currently 202,592 total positive cases of COVID-19 and 2,082 total COVID-19 deaths being reported.