The Green River District Health Department said Tuesday that 7 more COVID-19 deaths had occurred within its seven-county district.
That brought the total number of residents in the district who are now known to have died from COVID-19 to 272.
GRDHD also reported 143 new positive cases of COVID-19 Tuesday, bringing to 16,025 total district residents now known to have contracted the virus to date.
- Here's a breakdown of Tuesday's new numbers from GRDHD:
- Daviess County: 89 new cases, 3 new deaths
- Hancock County: 4 new cases
- Henderson County: 7 new cases
- McLean County: 5 new cases, 2 new deaths
- Ohio County: 30 new cases, 1 new death
- Union County: 1 new case, 1 new death
- Webster County: 7 new cases
Here's a summary of each county within the GRDHD area:
In Hopkins County, which sits just outside of the GRDHD area, one new COVID-19 death was also reported Tuesday by the local health department.
That brought the total number of COVID-19 deaths in Hopkins County to 113.
The Hopkins County Health Department also reported 81 new positive cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday, bringing to 3,310 total county residents now known to have contracted the virus so far.
Currently, the state of Kentucky is reporting 328,668 total confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 3,167 total statewide deaths.