A Young Man Honored For Saving Neighbors House From Fire

A young man is honored after saving his neighbors house from a kitchen fire.

Posted: Aug 25, 2020 10:04 PM

Madison fire officials honored a young man for his bravery and courage.

A small kitchen fire started on July 31st at the home of Glenn and Tess Ashmore.

The young man across the street, Jay Fairrow, quickly grabbed a fire extinguisher and put out the flames. Thanks to Fairrow quick actions, the house only suffered smoke damage.

Madisonville Fire Department Chief Dunning presented Fairrow with an MFD Coin and Certificate in appreciation for his dedication and bravery.

74° wxIcon
Hi: 74° Lo: 52°
Feels Like: 74°
75° wxIcon
Hi: 76° Lo: 52°
Feels Like: 75°
75° wxIcon
Hi: 74° Lo: 50°
Feels Like: 75°
73° wxIcon
Hi: 74° Lo: 54°
Feels Like: 73°
Few Clouds
72° wxIcon
Hi: 73° Lo: 49°
Feels Like: 72°
Season Temperatures for now, a warming trend is on the way.
WEVV 4K Doppler Radar
WEVV 7-Day Forecast
WEVV Watches & Warnings

Community Events