With COVID-19 cases on the rise in Hopkins County, visitation restrictions will once again be in place at Baptist Health Madisonville as of Wednesday, July 28.
According to BHM, only essential caregivers will be allowed to accompany patients for medical appointments or tests, with limited exceptions.
The Same-Day Surgery entrance will also be closed and patients will be asked to enter through the Emergency Department entrance to be screened instead.
Those allowed to visit/accompany a patient will be screened prior to visitation and must wear a mask at all times in the facilities.
At the hospital, there will be limited exceptions, allowing one healthy visitor or companion between the hours of 10:00 am and 6:00 pm for:
- Surgical patients (one person may accompany patient)
- Inpatients (one visitor during visitation hours, must remain in patient room)
- Critical Care (One visitor per day may visit for a two hour period during visitation hours)
- Emergency Department (one person may accompany patient) No visitors allowed in Split Flow, waiting rooms or with Covid-19 positive or suspect patients on any unit.
- Patients under age 18 (one parent or guardian)
- Women in labor (one birthing partner)
- NICU (both parents)
- Hospice or end-of-life patients (visitation on a case-by-case basis at unit director discretion)
- Dependent patients who require assistance (one caregiver)
Visitors will not be allowed on Behavioral Health except at the request of the psychiatrist.
Additionally, visitors won't be allowed in the Merle M. Mahr Cancer Center (including infusion, radiation therapy, and outpatient oncology clinics) due to the risk of infection for oncology and autoimmune patients. Exceptions for very limited cases must be pre-approved by the unit director.
No children under the age of 16 are allowed to visit at this time.
For Baptist Health Medical Group offices and outpatient facilities, a single essential caregiver will be allowed for:
- Child under age 18 (one parent)
- Dependent adult who requires assistance (one caregiver)
- OB visit (one additional support person)