Henderson Water Utility crews are currently working on a major water main break. A boil water advisory is now in effect until further notice.
The impacted Henderson area is:
- North Green Street from 6th St. to 10th St.
- 7th Street from N. Elm St. to N. Green St.
- 8th Street from N. Elm St. to N. Adams St.
- Ray Street from N. Green St. to N. Adams St.
- 9th Street from N. Elm St. to N. Green St.
According to the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, Green St. between 5th and 12th St will remain closed through the weekend for repairs.
With the closure, a detour has been established: Northbound traffic will utilize 8th St. and southbound traffic will use 9th St.
All businesses and homes in the affected area should boil water for cooking/consumption for at least 5 minutes.
Any questions can be directed to Henderson Water Utility by phone at (270) 286-2824.