Distribution of the COVID-19 vaccine is underway both across the United States and here in the Tri-State.
Though the distribution of the vaccine is currently in motion, not everyone who wants to receive the vaccine can do so yet, due to its high demand and short supply.
As more doses of the vaccine are administered and supply becomes more readily available, demand for the vaccine will decrease and supply will increase, allowing healthcare officials to distribute the vaccine to a wider range of recipients, with eligibility specific to each state's vaccine distribution plan.
Here's where each area of the Tri-State currently stands in the vaccination process. This is a developing story, and will be updated as new information becomes available from health officials in each state.
As of May 13, any Hoosier age 12-years-old and above became eligible to receive the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine anywhere throughout the state.
For anyone 18-years-old and up, the Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines are available.
Here's where you can get the COVID-19 vaccine locally in Indiana:
- Ascension St. Vincent Evansville
- Deaconess Downtown Clinic
- Deaconess Midtown Hospital
- Vanderburgh County Health Department
- Burkhardt Road Walmart
- Evansville CVS Offering Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine
- Deaconess Gateway Hospital
- Deaconess Clinic EXPRESS - Boonville
- Warrick County Health Department
- Gibson County Health Department
- Deaconess Gibson Hospital
- Good Samaritan Hospital
- Knox County Health Department
- Kimmell Road Walmart
- Daviess County Health Department
- Dubois County Health Department
- Pike County Health Department
- Perry County Health Department
- Perry County Memorial Hospital
- Posey County Health Department
- Deaconess Clinic EXPRESS - Mt. Vernon
- Spencer County Health Department
Any eligible individual can register online to receive the COVID-19 vaccine from any of the vaccination sites throughout the state. Click here to make a vaccination appointment online.
If you have difficulty registering online or if you know someone eligible to get vaccinated who doesn’t have access to a computer, you're asked to dial 211 from any phone for more help.
To see a map of all vaccination sites listed by the state health department, click here.
As of Thursday, May 13, all Kentuckians age 12-years-old and above became eligible to receive the Pfizer vaccine. Those 18-years-old and above can also receive the Moderna or Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
- Phase 1a: Long-term care / assisted living facilities, healthcare personnel
- Phase 1b: Anyone age 70+, first responders, K-12 school personnel, childcare workers
- Phase 1c: Anyone age 60+, anyone age 16 categorized at highest risk by CDC, all essential workers
- Phase 2: Anyone age 40 or older
- Phase 3: anyone age 16 or older
- Phase 4: Children under the age of 16 if the vaccine is approved for them
Local Kentucky COVID-19 Vaccine Sites
- Owensboro Health
- Owensboro Health Scheduling 60-69 Age Group For Covid Vaccine
- To schedule an appointment at Owensboro Health by phone, call: 270-685-7100
- You can also CLICK HERE to see appointment availability/schedule an appointment online
- The vaccine clinic is located at Owensboro Health's medical building, Entrance B
- Deaconess Henderson Hospital
- At the end of each day, there are sometimes a few vaccine doses left over, which must be used immediately. Deaconess Henderson is offering those vaccines to some individuals age 60-69. Learn More.
- Baptist Health Madisonville
- Visit Baptist Health's website to schedule an appointment online.
- Deaconess Union County Hospital is offering the vaccine to individuals included in Phase 1b.
- Deaconess Union County is also offering leftover vaccine doses to some individuals age 60-69. Learn More.
- Muhlenberg County Health Department
- MCHD is asking everyone eligible under Phase 1a and Phase 1b to call 270-608-4811 to schedule an appointment or be put on the waiting list.
Kentuckians can visit a new website released by the state to see if they're eligible to receive the vaccine and to find a vaccination site nearby after doing so.
To view all vaccination sites statewide in Kentucky, click here.
All Illinoisans age 12-years-old and up are currently eligible to receive Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine. Anyone who's at least 18-years-old can also receive the Moderna or J&J Vaccine.
When the state moved into Phase 1B of its vaccination plan, it also launched a new COVID-19 vaccine website with more information on vaccination sites, registration, and information.
Here's where you can get the COVID-19 vaccine locally in Illinois
Saline, Gallatin, and White Counties
- Egyptian Health Department: On Monday, January 18, 2021, the EHD will begin to accept appointments to give COVID-19 vaccines to individuals that live or work in Saline, Gallatin, and White Counties that are Phase 1b.
- Harrisburg Medical Center
- Harrisburgh Medical Center in Saline County is administering the COVID-19 vaccine to individuals qualified by Phase 1b.
- Appointments at HMC are required and can be scheduled by calling (618) 253-0334.
- HMC opens its appointment-scheduling hotline during certain timeframes. Visit HMC on Facebook for more.
- The Edwards County Health Department is currently wrapping up phase 1a of Illinois' vaccine distribution, and waiting for state approval to move into phase 1b.
- The Richland County Health Department is administering the COVID-19 vaccine to individuals in Phase 1b of the state's vaccination plan.
- For registration slots and more information click here.
- The Lawrence County Health Department at 11362 Country Club Road is currently listed as a vaccination site by the state health department.
More COVID-19 vaccination sites can be found in Illinois by visiting the state health department's vaccination location web page.
Additional Tri-State Vaccine Resources
- Meijer Launches Text-Based COVID-19 Vaccine Registration
- Walmart Locations in Evansville and Vincennes to Offer COVID-19 Vaccine
- Kroger Retail Site Scheduling
- Walgreens Retail Site Scheduling: You will need to create a Walgreens account for scheduling opportunities.
- Walmart Retail Site Scheduling
- List of Federal Program Locations
This is a developing story and will be updated as additional information becomes available.