A cell phone charger seemingly started a fire in a Morganfield, Kentucky home Sunday morning.
The Morganfield Fire Department, Morganfield Rescue Squad, Whispering Meadows Fire Department and Deaconess EMS got the call just after midnight about a house fire with one adult and three children.
First responders say the fire was started by a cell phone charger which was "plugged in but not charging a phone."
A smoke detector altered the family to the fire and the homeowner was able to extinguish it before fire fighters got to the scene.
The family was treated for smoke inhalation.
"Please be aware that these type fires are occurring frequently," said Rick Millikan, fire chief of the Morganfield Fire Department. "Luckily this homeowner had working smoke detectors and a fire extinguisher otherwise this could have had a tragic ending."