The Indiana State Department of Health said Friday that new COVID-19 deaths had occurred in Daviess and Spencer counties.
Those new local COVID-19 deaths reported Friday by ISDH are included in 44 new COVID-19 deaths reported statewide, which brought the total number of Hoosiers known to have died from the virus to date to 11,898.
Additionally, 1,080 new positive cases of COVID-19 were reported statewide Friday. ISDH says that now, 653,245 total Hoosiers have tested positive for COVID-19 to date.
Alongside the two new COVID-19 deaths reported locally in Daviess and Spencer counties Friday, ISDH said 80 new positive cases of COVID-19 had been identified within our area.
Local COVID-19 Increases Reported Thursday:
- Vanderburgh County: 28 new cases
- Warrick County: 13 new cases
- Gibson County: 11 new cases
- Knox County: 1 new case
- Posey County: 8 new cases
- Pike County: 2 new cases
- Dubois County: 11 new cases
- Daviess County: 2 new cases, 1 new death
- Spencer County: 3 new cases, 1 new death
- Perry County: 1 new case
For more information on COVID-19 in Indiana, you can visit the ISDH dashboard, which is updated daily.