The Diocese of Evansville Catholic Education Office on Wednesday learned of 10 new positive cases of COVID-19 within the Diocese of Evansville Catholic Schools District.
According to the education office, the new positive cases discovered on Wednesday were identified within five students and five employees in the district.
The individuals who tested positive for the virus are associated with five different diocesan Catholic schools as follows.
- School 1 – Four employees and two students tested positive
- School 2 – One employee tested positive
- School 3 – One student tested positive
- School 4 – One student tested positive
- School 5 – One student tested positive
The education office says the students and employees are currently in quarantine and that they'll return to school at the appropriate time.
The education office says it won't reveal specifics on students, staff, or their specific schools due to privacy reasons.