A large number of new positive COVID-19 cases were reported within the Diocese of Evansville Catholic Schools district on Friday.
According to the Diocese of Evansville Catholic Education Office, 13 new positive cases of the virus have been identified within a mixture of Diocese of Evansville Catholic Schools district students and staff.
The new positive cases are distributed among six different Diocesan catholic schools, involving 12 students and one staff member.
- School 1 – Four students tested positive
- School 2 – Three students tested positive
- School 3 – Two students tested positive
- School 4 – Two students tested positive
- School 5 – One student tested positive
- School 6 – One employee tested positive
The education office says the employee and students who tested positive are currently self-quarantining and will return to school when it's safe for them to do so.
The Diocese of Evansville Catholic Education Office works with 26 different diocesan Catholic schools in Southwestern Indiana and says that due to privacy reasons, specific information on individuals who tested positive and the different schools they're associated with won't be released.