The Diocese of Evansville Catholic Education Office is reporting 15 new positive cases of COVID-19 within the Diocese of Evansville Catholic Schools district.
The education office says it learned of those 15 new positive cases over several days, between Nov. 13 and Nov. 16.
According to the education office's Monday report, the 15 new positive cases of the virus were identified in a mixture of both students and staff, with 10 students testing positive for COVID-19, and five employees doing the same.
The new positive cases were identified within eight different diocesan Catholic schools as follows:
- School 1 – one employee and three students tested positive
- School 2 – three students tested positive
- School 3 – one employee and two students tested positive
- School 4 – one employee tested positive
- School 5 – one employee tested positive
- School 6 – one employee tested positive
- School 7 – one student tested positive
The education office says those employees and students who tested positive are currently self-quarantining and will return to school at the appropriate time.
The Diocese of Evansville Catholic Education Office works with 26 different diocesan Catholic schools in Southwestern Indiana and says that due to privacy reasons, specific information on individuals who tested positive and the different schools they're associated with won't be released.