According to the Diocese of Evansville Catholic Education Office, nine more individuals within the Diocese of Evansville Catholic Schools district have tested positive for COVID-19.
The education office announced the new positive cases on Wednesday and said that they were identified within a mixture of both students and staff.
Those nine new positive cases of COVID-19 are spread throughout seven different diocesan Catholic schools as follows:
- School 1: Two students tested positive
- School 2: Two students tested positive
- School 3: One student tested positive
- School 4: One student tested positive
- School 5: One student tested positive
- School 6: One student tested positive
- School 7: One employee tested positive
The education office says the employees and students who tested positive are currently self-quarantining and will return to school when it's safe for them to do so.
The Diocese of Evansville Catholic Education Office works with 26 different diocesan Catholic schools in Southwestern Indiana and says that due to privacy reasons, specific information on individuals who tested positive and the different schools they're associated with won't be released.