One person was arrested Tuesday after police say a home on Adams Avenue in Evansville, Indiana, was struck by gunfire multiple times.
Officers with the Evansville Police Department responded to a shots-fired call in the 800 block of Adams Avenue on Tuesday night around 8:30 p.m.
According to EPD, a victim on-scene told responding officers that he and the other victim, a juvenile, were walking on the sidewalk when a red car pulled up next to them.
Police said that after a brief conversation was had between the victims and the occupants of the vehicle, both victims started to walk away when they heard gunfire coming from the vehicle. Although neither victim was struck by gunfire, bullet holes were found in a house in the 800 block of Adams.
EPD says the victims were familiar with the people inside of the car, which allowed police to quickly locate them.
With help from E.P.D.'s SWAT Team and Drone Unit, the suspect, 19-year-old Shaundae Alexander Winters of Evansville, was found in an apartment nearby.
- Winters was arrested and charged with:
- Criminal Recklessness with a Deadly Weapon (Level 5 Felony)
- Intimidation (Level 6 Felony)
- 2 Counts of Criminal Mischief (A Misdemeanor)
- Winters is currently incarcerated at the Vanderburgh County Corrections Center.