On Tuesday, Evansville Water Sewer Utility announced changes to the city's heavy trash services.
The services will now allow EWSU customers to schedule pickups year-round as often as every two weeks, except during fall leaf collection, which runs from November through mid-December.
Here's how it works:
- Customers must call the Republic Services Customer Resource Center at (800) 886-3345 to schedule a pickup for a specific day.
- The day before the scheduled pickup, the customer will place the item where they normally place trash and recycle.
- A collection truck will pick it up.
What’s Allowed and What’s Not
One item is accepted per pickup, except for items that are usually a pair, such as a mattress and a box spring or a table and chairs.
- Allowable items include:
- Appliances – Such as a stove, washer, dryer, water heater, and refrigerator or freezer with refrigerants removed and tagged by a certified professional – and meeting the City’s safety guidelines regarding disposal.
- Carpet – One rolled section that is less than 4 feet long and 2 feet around.
- Electronics – Stereo, radio, etc.
- Furniture – Such as a sofa, table, chair, mattress, box spring, dresser, or bookcase.
- Household items and tools – Like a rake or shovel.
- Limited construction and building material – In one container; no boxes, bags, loose piles or stacks.
- Items not allowed include:
- Auto parts – Like batteries and tires
- Electronics – TV, computer, computer parts or accessories
- Construction materials – Such as concrete blocks, bricks, steel poles or privacy fencing
- Hazardous materials – Any materials that are hazardous to humans or animals
Heavy trash service is available to: Evansville residents who pay for trash service with their water bill.
Apartment complexes, mobile home communities, business/commercial customers, and County residents are not eligible.
More information on heavy trash pickup can be found on the city's website.