The first COVID-19 death in Webster County was reported on Wednesday, July 22, by the Green River District Health Department (GRDHD).
GRDHD also reported 26 new positive cases of COVID-19 throughout five of the Kentucky counties within its seven-county district on Thursday:
- Daviess County: 5 new positive cases
- Henderson County: 10 new positive cases
- Ohio County: 7 new positive cases
- Union County: 2 new positive cases
- Webster County: 2 new positive cases
That brought the total number of identified COVID-19 cases in the GRDHD district to 1,333.
Currently, 20 COVID-19 patients in the GRDHD district are hospitalized. Of the 1,333 confirmed cases in the district, 121 (9%) have required hospitalization to date.
The district-wide number of recovered cases is now 1,071 total (80%).
Here's the COVID-19 totals for all counties within the GRDHD district as of July 22: