An Evansville garage is likely a total loss after a gas generator explosion in Evansville on Monday evening.
Members of the Evansville Fire Department responded to a home on Gilbert Avenue around 6:34 p.m. on Monday.
Residents of the home contacted the fire department and advised of a detached garage fire that had been caused by a gas generator explosion.
When crews arrived, they found heavy smoke and flames but successfully extinguished the fire.
According to EFD, the fire was caused by a tenant's friend, who dumped gas in the generator as it was operating. The fire is being considered accidental.
EFD says the individual who poured gas in the generator did suffer a burn to the hand, and that the garage is likely a total loss with all contents suffering heavy heat/flame damage.