Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb signed his new COVID-19 order, Executive Order 20-50, on Thursday.
The new Executive Order outlines restrictions on gatherings and events for each Indiana county based on its current color-coded rating (Blue, Yellow, Orange, or Red) on the state's COVID-19 County Metrics Map. It also details general requirements for all Hoosiers. "When you talk about counties being Red, the State of Indiana is on fire," Gov. Holcomb said.
In addition, the order directs all Indiana hospitals to follow new requirements on non-emergent procedures.
Gatherings/Events: Effective Sunday, Dec. 13, 2020, at 12:01 a.m. — Sunday, Jan. 3, 2021, at 11:59 p.m.
The size of social gatherings is limited by the color metric of the county. Health departments are no longer allowed to grant permission for larger events, capping gatherings at a set limit.
Based on each county's color, social gatherings/events are now capped at:
- 25 people for gatherings in Red counties
- 50 people for gatherings in Orange counties
- 100 people for gatherings in Yellow counties
- 250 people for gatherings in Blue counties
Details on Specific Gatherings/Events:
- Religious Services and Places of Worship
- Virtual Services Preferred: Places of worship and faith communities are strongly encouraged to continue/resume live streaming services or otherwise providing virtual or drive-in services.
- Live or In-Person Services: Live or in-person religious services, including wedding ceremonies and funeral services, are not subject to limits on social gatherings as set forth in the Executive Order, though social distancing and other safety measures apply.
- Wedding receptions and visitations before/after are subject to the limitations on gatherings in the order.
Social Gatherings Defined:
- A 'Social Gathering' is an event, assembly, or convening that brings together multiple people, individually or from separate households in a single location, whether indoors or outdoors.
- Social gatherings include those in a private residence, commercial venue, or other public places. I.E. family reunions, parties, barbecues, picnics, or club meetings.
Click here for an in-depth description of the requirements for all Hoosiers and targeted restrictions for counties.
New Requirements for All Hospitals: Effective Dec. 16, 2020, — Jan. 3, 2021
According to the Executive Order, in order to preserve hospital bed and staffing capacity, all licensed hospitals are directed to postpone and/or reschedule all non-emergent procedures to be performed in an in-patient setting which are unlikely to result in a significant risk to a patient's acute condition or long-term outcome.
Non-emergent procedures may resume on Jan. 4, 2021, unless the order is extended or modified.
You can view Holcomb's latest Executive Order HERE.