Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb said Wednesday that restrictions on event/gathering sizes in the Hoosier States would remain in place for an additional 30 days.
Though Gov. Holcomb called the state's progress in the fight against COVID-19 over the last month "remarkable," he said efforts would remain in place to ensure the state continues to head in the right direction.
"From where we were a month ago to where we are today, has been... Remarkable," said Gov. Holcomb. "We want to make sure that counties can continue to be open. And you know, if you're in Blue, you have the ability to be 100% open."
According to Gov. Holcomb, the main factors fueling the extension of restrictions on events and gatherings include:
The Blue Advisory Level, which indicates the lowest rate of COVID-19 spread, was granted to nine Indiana counties on Wednesday - including Daviess County, in the state's southwest region.
The Executive Order on gathering/event sizes being extended by Gov. Holcomb is set to expire at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 28.
You can view Gov. Holcomb's full Wednesday COVID-19 update here.