No injuries were reported after an accidental house fire on Jackson Avenue in Evansville Friday morning.
The Evansville Fire Department says crews responded to a home in the 800 block of Jackson Avenue on Friday morning when a passerby saw smoke coming from the home and called 911.
When crews arrived several minutes after receiving the call, they saw smoke and entered the home to investigate.
Once inside, firefighters found fire in the attic of the home. They were able to quickly extinguish the flames in about 10 minutes.
EFD says the fire was electrical in nature and that the damage was contained to the attic space and the inner ceiling above a bedroom and bathroom.
The owners of the home were not present at the time of the fire as the home appeared to be under renovation, according to the fire department.
The fire is being considered accidental and no injuries were reported.