In Illinois, fire departments impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic are now eligible to receive $1 million in funding.
Governor JB Pritzker and the Office of the Illinois State Fire Marshal says the grant is meant to help volunteer/combination departments make up for lost revenues due to the lack of fundraising events during the COVID-19 pandemic.
In order to be eligible for the assistance grant the applying fire department must:
- Be an Illinois combination or volunteer fire department;
- Operate within a jurisdiction with a population at or less than 7,500 people;
- Have an approved annual budget at or less than $150,000;
- Have an OSFM Fire Department Identification Number (FDID); and
- Be current with their National Fire Incident Reporting System (NFIRS) reports at the time of application.
You can find an application for the grant and more information on illinois.gov.