The Indiana State Department of Health said Friday that 71 new COVID-19 deaths had been identified throughout the Hoosier State.
Included in Friday's report of 71 new statewide COVID-19 deaths were six new local deaths, with five in Vanderburgh County and one in Gibson County.
In addition to the new COVID-19 deaths reported on Friday, ISDH said 2,807 new positive cases of the virus had been identified throughout the state.
With those new COVID-19 cases and deaths reported on Friday, ISDH said that Indiana had now reached 16,518 total COVID-19 deaths and 1,049,575 total COVID-19 cases.
ISDH's updated COVID-19 dashboard for Friday, Nov. 12
Here's a breakdown of the new local COVID-19 cases and deaths reported Friday:
- Vanderburgh County: 58 new cases, 5 new deaths
- Gibson County: 13 new cases, 1 new death
- Dubois County: 22 new cases
- Warrick County: 15 new cases
- Spencer County: 7 new cases
- Posey County: 6 new cases
- Daviess County: 6 new cases
- Perry County: 5 new cases
- Pike County: 3 new cases
- Knox County: 2 new cases
For more information on COVID-19 in Indiana, you can visit the state health department's dashboard.