The Indiana State Department of Health is reporting over 6,000 new positive cases of COVID-19 throughout the Hoosier State.
Since Nov. 10, the State of Indiana has seen over 5,000 new positive cases of the virus daily, with Thursday's report of 6,434 new positive cases statewide coming as no exception.
In addition to those new positive cases, the state health department reported Thursday that 63 more Hoosiers had died from COVID-19, with four of those COVID-19 deaths being reported locally.
Local COVID-19 Increases for Thursday, Nov. 26
- Vanderburgh County: 91 new positive cases (9,839 total), 1 new death (121 total)
- Knox County: 19 new positive cases (1,897 total), 1 new death (20 total)
- Warrick County: 42 new positive cases (3,298 total)
- Perry County: 16 new positive cases (837 total)
- Posey County: 20 new positive cases (1,241 total)
- Gibson County: 26 new positive cases (1,894 total), 1 new death (26 total)
- Pike County: 7 new positive cases (516 total)
- Dubois County: 50 new positive cases (2,429 total)
- Daviess County: 36 new positive cases (1,601 total), 1 new death (44 total)
- Spencer County: 21 new positive cases (858 total)
318,894 total Indiana residents have now been confirmed by ISDH to have tested positive for COVID-19, with the total number of Hoosiers now confirmed to have died from the virus reaching 5,295.
With COVID-19 cases continuing to rise throughout the state, health leaders both statewide and locally are pleading with the public to take proper safety precautions as they gather for the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.
For more information on COVID-19 in Indiana, you can visit the ISDH COVID-19 Dashboard.