The Indiana State Department of Health said Monday that 817 new positive cases of COVID-19 had been identified throughout the Hoosier State.
The last time a lower number of new positive COVID-19 cases was reported throughout the state in a single day was on Monday, Sept. 28, 2020, when 750 new positive cases of the virus were recorded, according to the state health department's records.
This brings the total number of Hoosiers now known to have contracted COVID-19 to date to 649,652.
ISDH also said Monday that 19 new COVID-19 deaths had been identified throughout the state of Indiana. So far, 11,765 total Hoosiers have died from COVID-19, according to ISDH.
Here in southwest Indiana, only one new local COVID-19 death was reported Monday by ISDH, in Dubois County.
Here are the local COVID-19 increases reported Monday by ISDH:
- Vanderburgh County: 22 new cases
- Warrick County: 16 new cases
- Gibson County: 6 new cases
- Knox County: 1 new case
- Posey County: 3 new cases
- Pike County: 1 new case
- Dubois County: 4 new cases, 1 new death
- Daviess County: 0 new cases
- Spencer County: 3 new cases
- Perry County: 2 new cases