The Indiana State Department of Health reported a high number of new COVID-19 deaths throughout the state Tuesday.
The state health department reported 91 new COVID-19 deaths throughout the state in its Tuesday update. According to ISDH, those new deaths occurred between Aug. 29 and Sept. 13.
Among those 91 new COVID-19 deaths reported by ISDH Tuesday were 10 new deaths in Vanderburgh, Posey, Warrick, Pike, and Perry counties.
That brought the number of COVID-19 deaths reported in the state since the pandemic began to 14,482 total.
ISDH also said that 3,580 new positive cases of COVID-19 had been identified statewide Tuesday. Now, 913,528 total Hoosiers are known to have tested positive for the virus to date.
Here's a summary of the local COVID-19 increases shown by ISDH Tuesday:
- Vanderburgh County: 161 new cases, 3 new deaths
- Warrick County: 54 new cases, 1 new death
- Pike County: 21 new cases, 1 new death
- Perry County: 8 new cases, 2 new deaths
- Posey County: 7 new cases, 3 new deaths
- Daviess County: 46 new cases
- Dubois County: 45 new cases
- Knox County: 29 new cases
- Gibson County: 12 new case
- Spencer County: 12 new cases
Latest ISDH Dashboard Released Tuesday
COVID-19 hospitalizations throughout the state have continued to slowly increase alongside the rising number of new positive cases. The state health department's data shows that as of Monday, 2,687 COVID-19 patients were hospitalized statewide.
More information on COVID-19 in Indiana can be found on the ISDH dashboard.