Officials with the City of Henderson announced Wednesday that plans had been made to reopen the John F. Kennedy Community Center following its temporary closure.
The center will reopen on Thursday, Dec. 3 following a deep cleaning and sanitization of the facility.
It will be open from 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. with the following restrictions in place:
- Only the weight room will be open.
- Pre-registration is required for the available hour-long sessions.
- Nine spaces are available for each session.
- Masks are required at all times.
- Temperature screenings will be done before entering.
The JFK Community Center had been temporarily closed since Monday after a member of the center's staff was exposed to COVID-19.
The center is located at 515 S. Alvasia Street in Henderson, Kentucky.