In Madisonville, Kentucky State Police arrested three people after a driver and two passengers refused to stop during an attempted traffic stop.
Just after 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday, a KSP trooper attempted to conduct a traffic stop on a 2010 Nissan Altima for a speeding violation near the 125 mile marker on I-69.
The vehicle refused to stop and accelerated and continued to travel South on I-69 while the occupants in the vehicle were disregarding items out the windows.
After a pursuit of about five miles, an officer successfully deployed his tire deflation device causing the driver's side tires to deflate on the fleeing vehicle, but that didn't stop the Altima.
The chase continued and the vehicle exited off the interstate and into the city limits of Madisonville. After making several turns on city streets, the vehicle finally came to a stop on West Noel Avenue.
The three occupants in the vehicle were taken into custody without further incident.
The three occupants face the following charges:
- The operator: Nicolas D. Hunter
- Charged with: Various traffic offenses, possession of drug paraphernalia, fleeing/evading police.
- Passenger: Byron Jones
- Charged with: Tampering with physical evidence and served a bench warrant for failure to appear in court.
- 2nd Passenger: Jordan Choate
- Charged with: Possession of a handgun by a convicted felon and fugitive from another state.