The Department for Public Health announced the Annual Environmental Health Poster Contest on Thursday.
Kentucky Environmental Public Health Tracking Network and Kentucky Population Health Institute are sponsoring the contest.
The theme for this years contest is 'health equity in Kentucky'. Artwork should show artists' understanding of health equity as a way of making sure everyone has the same opportunity to be as healthy as possible.
Submissions are limited to Kentucky residents from kindergarten through eighth grade.
Entries must be postmarked by Oct. 4 and uploaded to the respective link (below) by grade:
- Kindergarten: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/KCEHPoster2021
- First Grade: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/1CEHPoster2021
- Second Grade: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2CEHPoster2021
- Third Grade: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3CEHPoster2021
- Fourth Grade: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/4CEHPoster2021
- Fifth Grade: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5CEHPoster2021
- Sixth Grade: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6CEHPoster2021
- Seventh Grade: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/7CEHPoster2021
- Eighth Grade: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8CEHPoster2021
Entries will be judged on creativity, originality and alignment with the theme and the winners will be awarded Visa gift cards. All participants will receive a certificate.
Winners' work will be put on display during the Annual Children's Environmental Health Summit at the Center for Rural Development in Somerset. This virtual event will provide information on issues effecting children's health in Kentucky and efforts to protect young people.