Several local communities have received nearly $2.2 collectively in road-funding grants through the Community Crossings Matching Grant Program (CCMG).
The following communities received grants through the program:
- Cynthiana received $90,618.37
- Evansville received $992,231.25
- New Harmony received $61,092
- Owensville received $145,713.75
- Poseyville received $374,028.75
- Somerville received $59,957.62
- Vanderburgh County received $467,572.75
The funds each community received through CCMG will go towards local bridge and road repairs.
In Evansville, Mayor Lloyd Winnecke says some of the roads that will be repaired and repaved thanks to the funds include Tekoppel, Governor, Garvin, and Bellemeade.
Through CCMG, the Indiana Department of Transportation matches up to $1 million annually when localities invest in road and bridge repairs.