Mesker Park Zoo & Botanic Garden is offering a new way for families receiving Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits to receive a year-long family membership at a heavily discounted price.
The zoo's Community Membership Program offers family memberships (normally a 65$ rate) for $5 annually to recipients of the federal SNAP program.
The family membership allows a family of two named adults plus all children under the age of 18 of the same household to access the following Mesker Park Zoo services:
- Free general admission for one full year
- Free admission to special events during regular zoo hours
- Free tram rides for one full year
- Discounted admission to Boo at the Zoo and Breakfast with Santa events
- Zoo Member Only “Member Appreciation Event”
- Free subscription to e-newsletter and Zoo Lovers Online magazine
- Discounts for Birthday Parties
- Priority registration and discounts for Zoo Camp
- Discounts or Free Admission to over 172 zoos and aquariums
The membership can be purchased in person at the Zoo with a valid SNAP card and photo ID at the time of purchase. The zoo says the purchaser must be one of the named adults on the membership. Since the purchase requires SNAP verification, it cannot be done online or over the phone.
At this time, the program is only available to residents of Gibson, Posey, Spencer, Vanderburgh, and Warrick counties.
To hear more about the program from the zoo, you can view the zoo's Community Membership Program page on its website.
Sign up for the 44News Newsletter to receive top stories, breaking news updates, and the latest coronavirus information daily