Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker says new COVID-19 restrictions are coming to Region 5 of Illinois, which includes Wabash, White, Gallatin, Hardin, Edwards, Saline, Hamilton, Lawrence, Richland, and Wayne counties.
Gov. Pritzker announced the new COVID-19 restrictions on Monday and said they'd be in effect as of 12:01 a.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 11.
The new restrictions being implemented include:
Bars and Restaurants:
- Reduce party size from 10 to six individuals
Meetings, Social Events, and Gatherings:
- Maximum indoor/outdoor gathering size of 10 individuals
- Applicable to professional, cultural, and social group gatherings
- This does not reduce the overall facility capacity dictated by general business guidance, such as office, retail, etc.
- Not applicable to students participating in in-person classroom learning
- Not applicable to sports, see sports guidance
Organized Group Recreational Activities:
- Limit to lesser of 25 guests or 25 percent of overall room capacity both indoors and outdoors
- Groups limited to 10 individuals or fewer
- Does not apply to fitness centers
According to Pritzker, the new COVID-19 restrictions, which are also being implemented within Regions 5, 7, and 8 of the state, are being implemented due to the high test positivity rate in the areas.
The new COVID-19 restrictions going into effect on Wednesday do not apply to schools.