On Thursday, two new COVID-19 deaths were reported locally by the Green River District Health Department in Daviess County and Hancock County, Kentucky.
The health department also reported 128 new positive cases of COVID-19 throughout its seven-county district.
Here's a breakdown of the new COVID-19 cases and deaths.
- Daviess County: 49 new positive cases, 1 new death
- Hancock County: 8 new positive cases, 1 new death
- Henderson County: 24 new positive cases
- McLean County: 4 new positive cases
- Ohio County: 13 new positive cases
- Webster County: 18 new positive cases
Following Wednesday's new cases and deaths, there have now been 7,149 total cases of COVID-19 identified throughout the seven-county region, with 126 total deaths.
GRDHD COVID-19 Summary for Nov. 19:
Effective Friday, Nov. 20, multiple new COVID-19 restrictions will go into effect throughout the Bluegrass State, per Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear's Wednesday announcement detailing those restrictions.
Additionally, all K - 12 schools throughout the Commonwealth will revert to virtual learning as of Nov. 23, also under Gov. Beshear's new orders.
The state of Kentucky is currently reporting 144,753 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 1,712 statewide deaths.