Troopers with Kentucky State Police Post 2 arrested a correctional officer of Green River Correctional Complex in Muhlenberg County on Monday after they say illegal drugs were found during an investigation into the man.
KSP says it was contacted by the Kentucky Department of Corrections (DOC) on suspicions that correctional officer Nickolas Rogers had been bringing illegal drugs into the prison.
According to KSP, a preliminary investigation into Rogers was completed and illegal drugs were found.
Rogers was arrested and lodged in the Muhlenberg County Detention Center where he's facing the following charges:
- Trafficking in a controlled substance 1st degree, 1st offense, greater than 2 grams (Meth)
- Trafficking in a controlled substance 1st degree, 1st offense, greater than 4 grams (cocaine)
- Trafficking in marijuana less than 8 oz., Trafficking in synthetic drugs 1st degree
- Promoting Contraband 1st degree
- Trafficking in a controlled substance, 3rd degree, 1st offense, greater than 20 but less than 120 dosage units (drug unspecified)
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
KSP says the investigation remains ongoing by KSP Post 2.