The Green River District Health Department is reporting its highest number of new positive COVID-19 cases to date, in addition to a new COVID-19 death in one of the counties in its seven-county district.
The new COVID-19 death occurred in Ohio County, according to the health department. After Friday's report of one new death, Ohio County's total number of COVID-19 deaths reached 12.
156 new positive cases of COVID-19 were also reported throughout the GRDHD's seven-county district on Friday - the district's highest one-day increase of new positive cases so far.
- Daviess County: 60 new positive cases
- Hancock County: 6 new positive cases
- Henderson County: 33 new positive cases
- McLean County: 14 new positive cases
- Ohio County: 14 new positive cases
- Union County: 15 new positive cases
- Webster County: 14 new positive cases
After Friday's report of 156 new positive cases throughout the district, the total number of identified COVID-19 cases in the district increased to 6,494.
Here's the updated COVID-19 summary for each county within the district:
The state of Kentucky is currently reporting 129,680 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 1,622 statewide deaths.