The Green River District Health Department is reporting new deaths in two local Kentucky counties.
On Thursday, GRDHD said new COVID-19 deaths had occurred in Daviess County, and McLean County, Kentucky.
With one new COVID-19 death reported in each county Thursday, the total number of COVID-19 deaths in Daviess County rose to 30, and the total number of COVID-19 deaths in McLean County to four.
65 new positive cases of COVID-19 were also reported throughout the health department's seven-county district on Thursday:
- Daviess County: 16 new positive cases
- Hancock County: 6 new positive cases
- Henderson County: 10 new positive cases
- Mclean County: 12 new positive cases
- Ohio County: 6 new positive cases
- Union County: 4 new positive cases
- Webster County: 11 new positive cases
That brought the total number of identified COVID-19 cases in the district to 5,124.
Here's the daily COVID-19 summary for each county within the district via GRDHD:
With 64 of Kentucky's counties currently in the COVID-19 Red Zone, Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear has made several new recommendations in an attempt to reduce the spread of the virus within those counties.
The Bluegrass State is currently reporting 101,494 total confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 1,442 statewide deaths.