On Tuesday, five new COVID-19 deaths were reported within the Green River District Health Department's seven-county Kentucky district.
In addition to those new COVID-19 deaths, GRDHD said Tuesday that 228 more residents within the district had tested positive for the virus.
Here's a breakdown of the new COVID-19 cases and deaths reported by GRDHD on Tuesday:
- Daviess County: 131 new positive cases, 2 new deaths
- Hancock County: 9 new positive cases
- Henderson County: 34 new positive cases
- McLean County: 5 new positive cases
- Ohio County: 21 new positive cases, 3 new deaths
- Union County: 18 new positive cases
- Webster County: 10 new positive cases
Overall, 10,595 total positive cases of the virus have now been identified throughout GRDHD's seven-county district.
With 117 of its 120 counties currently in the COVID-19 Red Zone, the state of Kentucky as of Tuesday is reporting 227,818 total cases of the virus and 2,239 total statewide deaths.