The Green River District Health Department on Friday reported two new COVID-19 deaths - one in Daviess County, and one in Union County.
The new deaths reported on Friday brought the total number of COVID-19 deaths in Daviess County to 16. In Union County, three total residents are now confirmed to have died from COVID-19 so far.
GRDHD also reported 65 new COVID-19 cases throughout its seven-county Kentucky district on Friday:
- Daviess County: 31 new positive cases
- Hancock County: 1 new positive case
- Henderson County: 16 new positive cases
- McLean County: 1 new positive case
- Ohio County: 4 new positive cases
- Union County: 9 new positive cases
- Webster County: 3 new positive cases
Friday's report of 65 new positive cases of COVID-19 throughout the district comes as the highest number of new positive cases reported in a single day since Sept. 3, when 63 new positive cases of the virus were reported throughout the district.
Here's a COVID-19 summary for each county within the GRDHD district:
As of Thursday throughout Kentucky, there were 64,158 total positive cases of COVID-19, with 1,137 total COVID-19 deaths.
More information on COVID-19 in Kentucky can be found on the KDPH website.