The Green River District Health Department is reporting new COVID-19 deaths in two of the Kentucky counties within its seven-county district.
According to GRDHD's Friday COVID-19 report, new COVID-19 deaths occurred in McLean County and Hancock County, with those counties seeing one new death each.
Following Friday's report, the total number of COVID-19 deaths in McLean County reached seven, and Hancock County's total death count reached six.
GRDHD also reported 69 new positive cases of COVID-19 throughout the district on Friday:
- Daviess County: 27 new positive cases
- Hancock County: 4 new positive cases
- Henderson County: 21 new positive cases
- McLean County: 1 new positive case
- Union County: 5 new positive cases
- Webster County: 11 new positive cases
Here is Friday's updated COVID-19 summary from the GRDHD:
On Wednesday, Kentucky's governor extended the state's mask mandate for an additional 30 days in an effort to slow the spread of the virus. As of Thursday, he said that there were 2,318 new positive cases of COVID-19 in the state and that 80 of the state's counties were currently in COVID-19 Red Zone.