The Green River District Health Department is reporting nine new COVID-19 deaths throughout its seven-county western Kentucky district.
According to the health department, those new deaths occurred throughout four of the seven counties within the district - Daviess, Henderson, McLean, and Ohio counties.
In addition to those new COVID-19 deaths, GRDHD reported 171 new positive cases of COVID-19 throughout its seven-county district on Wednesday.
- Daviess County: 92 new positive cases, 3 new deaths
- Hancock County: 6 new positive cases,
- Henderson County: 29 new positive cases, 3 new deaths
- McLean County: 6 new positive cases, 2 new deaths
- Ohio County: 33 new positive cases, 1 new death
- Union County: 2 new positive cases
- Webster County: 3 new positive cases
7,858 total positive cases of COVID-19 have now been reported throughout GRDHD's seven-county region, with 79% (6,188) of those coronavirus-positive individuals recovering from the virus so far.
Currently, 54 patients are hospitalized with COVID-19 throughout the seven-county district. 497 total patients have required hospitalization to date.
The state of Kentucky is currently reporting 162,838 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 1,809 statewide deaths.